The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers in medical imaging, medical image retrieval, data mining, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence communities to discuss new techniques in multimodal mining and retrieval and their potential employment in supporting clinical decision makings. Original, high-quality submissions that address innovative research and development in the analysis, search and retrieval of multimodal medical data are sought after in the following themes but not limited to:
- Medical image and biomedical information mining
- Image classification
- Image annotation and retrieval
- Integration of data mining in the clinical sectors
- Image interpretation and image integration
- Data clustering and reduction techniques
- Multi-model and multi-fusion information processing
- Advanced techniques for emerging 3D/4D images
- Cloud multimedia Systems
- Clinical infrastructure of clinical/health information systems
Submissions will be peer-reviewed and 15-20 papers will be selected for relevance and likelihood of stimulating the workshop discussion. Submissions will be open until June 20. Results of submission will be notified by June 25, 2013. At least one author of each accepted position paper must register for the workshop and for at least one day of the conference. The expected outcome of the workshop will be a collection of extented abstracts and articles of a special issue published by the Middlesex University, UK. Papers should be limited to 12 pages.
- Prof. Theodore Kalamboukis, School of Informatics, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece.
- Dr. Xiaohong Gao, School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University, London, UK.
- Prof. Henning Muller, University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland, Switzerland.
- Prof. Thomas Deserno, Department of Medical Informatics, Aachen University of Technology, Germany
- Prof. Davide Caramella, Department of Oncology, University of Pisa, Italy.
- Dr. Roald Bergstrom, Norwegian Centre for Informatics in Health and Social Care, Norway.
- Prof. Chiang Lin, Biomedical Engineering Institute, Fuzhou University, China.
- Prof. (Dr) Zengmin Tian, Department of Neurosurgery, General Navy Hospital, China.
- Prof. Yuanyuan Wang, Centre of Biomedical Engineering, Fudan University, China.
- Prof. Shuqian Luo, Capital University of Medical Sciences, Beijing, China.
- Prof. (Dr) Lianyi Wang, First Hospital of Tsinghua University, Beijing, China.